cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA version for NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am planning to install NWDS (2004s) on my local machine , I want to know the JAVA version that i can use , Will the NWDS work with JAVA 1.5 ??

Regards,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/d55dbc01713e52e10000000a1553f7/content.htm even though it is documented for CE, it might work with 2004s as well. But as I said I cannot fully confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does work in 04s, but it just means that Java compilation during DC builds will be done using JDK 1.5. The "main" DC build will run with the JDK used for the NWDS itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marc ,

Thanks for you reply , Will there be any problem if the DC builds are done with JDK 1.5 , Will there be any compatibility issues ??

regards,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

sure, a JDK 5 compiler defaults to source and target level 1.5 and will thus produce classes that are not compatible with a 1.4 runtime ("Unsupported major minor version 49.0"). What's your motivation for wanting JDK1.5? I'd rather go the other way and use a CE IDE for 04s and then use the lower JDK version for the DC build, at least for the Java compiler.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you provide a link to some documentation that states NetWeaver 2004s does nto support JDK 5?

Thank You,

Mohammad Malik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

No, NWDS for 2004s won't work with Java 1.5, only NW CE.

I recomend the Java 1.4.2_12.

Regards,

Luciano