cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain status notification issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

we have created a process chain error notificaiton program ( picks up status from table RSPCLOGCHAIN) and used it with the process type "abap program". the issue we r facing is that even though a job has failed within the process chain, since the ABAP program process is active, the table RSPCLOGCHAIN table shows "active "status for this process chain and the ABAP program basically notifies the status of process chain as " active" as it could only find that status in the table when it is running.

I have seen in SDN forum that many of u have used this table & abap program (RSPCLOGCHAIN) to report the status. How did u achieve it provided the table does not get updated with the error status of the process chain untill the ABAP program for notificaiton itself is completed?

Thanks for ur help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member229026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the SDN link:

Hope this helps

BBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not get any answer that resolves this issue. hence closing this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for ur message. I know this facility is available in BI7.0 also. But in this project we want to use a common process for ECC6 and BI which sends data to a software which creates tickets and hence a program is created.

To use the messages that u had mentioned we need to have the SAPCONNECT activated correct?

We are trying to get this done without SAPconnect and using this common program.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

in 3.5 I have transaction rspcm that seems to do exactly what you need without abap... I guess it should still be there in 7.0...