cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image transfer from Printer to SAP via XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement in which a document is scanned using a particular type of printer. The image of the scanned document is to be transferred to SAP via XI. The vendors of the printer claim that the printer can call SOAP Web Services. We are looking into creating a SOAP message and the printer calling the web service to send the scanned copy details to XI. XI needs to transfer this scanned image to SAP.

Has any one of worked on any similar scenario? Could you please provide me some inputs regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if the vendors say that the printer should be able to call a webservice then ask them for the WSDL for it,if they can provide you the WSDL then you can import this WSDL in XI and use it on the sender side,now comes SAP side,as far as i know,its not possible to store .jpeg files(or any image files) in an SAP Table.what you can do is store the image file on a File drive(preferably NFS) and give a name to this file,once u have given the name to the file u can store this name in SAP tables and if u have to fetch this image file then use that name and fetch the image file.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Could you (anyone) please elaborate or provide some useful links for image transfer from legacy (printer) to XI using SOAP web service.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its simple:)

do a bypass SOAP to File scenario(use NFS as message protocol).

lemme find the link for bypass scenario and send to u

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

here is the link for bypass scenario

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Hey thatz great to see a quick reply from you, and thanks for the link that you have provided.

But I was in specific looking for the transfer of SOAP message with attachment to XI.

Could you please help me on that.

Thanks & Regards,

Manohar.