Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Procedure in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Background</b>

We have decided not to use the Transportation functionality of SAP (Shipment document, shipment cost document etc) to calculate the freight costs of deliveries due to the difficulties in maintaining the zip code to zip code prices for each carrier (UPS, DHL).

Therefore, we have decided to capture the freight costs in the delivery itself in the form of an interface from a 3rd party system (yet to be decided).

<b>My question</b>

Can I maintain a seperate pricing procedure in the delivery? If so, how do I copy the condition types from the delivery into the billing document? The billing document should contain condition types from both the pricing procedures i.e. delivery and sales order.

Is it recommended to have a seperate pricing procedure in the delivery?

Any help will be very much appreciated and duly rewarded.

Thanks

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a freight price condition (category F) and create a Price Procedure with this included.

Then you create copy control Delivery - Billing Document with Price Source 'E'

This can allow the freight to be entered on the delivery and it will flow to Billing

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

I tried this now but it doesn't seem to be working. Let me explain what I have done.

I have created 2 pricing procedures, one for sales order and the other one for delivery. In the delivery pricing procedure I included the freight condition type.

I maintained the copying control to copy the item data TAN from the delivery document to the billing document. I have set the price source as 'E'.

I created the sales order and the delivery. I included the freight charges in the delivery manually. But when I created the billing document it is only showing the conditions from the sales order and it is not showing the condition type from the delivery.

Please advise.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Along with the above settings, you need to include the freight condition type in order pricing procedure as well. Since you are specifying the price source as E, it will copy the freight condition type from the delivery and rest from the order.

Try it and let me know if it worked for you.

Assign points if useful.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sagar. That solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekhar,

i have a doubt, how did u create a pricing procedure for sales order and deliver separately and how does it help you doing that

and why do you want freight charges to be added in delivery

i know i am not part for giving you a solution, but pl explain me to understand this

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

If I have understood your 1st question correctly, I have created 2 seperate pricing procedures for order and delivery. I have created the pricing procedure in delivery similar to the way you do for sales order.

Coming to your 2nd question on how it helps, I'm still brainstorming if a seperate procedure is required in delivery. My idea of creating a seperate one was to maintain the freight related condition types only in the delivery, so that the condition types defined in the sales order would not be seen.

I'm adding freight charges at the time of delivery because the weight of the package would be known only at the time of the delivery. I would be developing interfaces to calculate the freight charges using a 3rd party tool which is yet to be determined. The freight charges would have to be calculated dynamically.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share.

Thanks

Chandra Shekar

Answers (0)