Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy (Client proxy)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could you provide an insight onto how the ABAP proxy on the client side works?

What i want to know is,

1. How do we trigger the proxy. (in case of file -> abap proxy , when ever we pick the file and once the message is inside the XI and sent out the proxy gets triggered, what happens in the vice versa)

2. Do we actually need a external program to trigger it?

3. the basic differences between an outbound proxy and an inbound one.

Regards,

ShabZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If proxy is on the outbound side an abap program is used to trigger.

1.Here your triggering is the arrival of teh file on the outbound side.

2. for ur scenario the trigger is the fiele.

The message interface determines which proxy objects are generated:

· Classes (Java, ABAP Object) are generated for outbound interfaces. By calling a method of the class you can transfer your data to the proxy runtime, which constructs the message and forwards it to the Integration Server. Proxies for outbound interfaces are called client proxies.

· Interfaces (Java, ABAP object) that are generated for inbound interfaces have to be implemented by the application for receiver processing. The proxy runtime calls this processing automatically once it has received an appropriate message. Proxies for inbound interfaces are called server proxies.

Also these blogs mite be helpful

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

regards,

Priyanka

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz

>><i>1.How do we trigger the proxy</i>

Complete all the Design issues in XI.

Then go to SAP system use <b>sproxy</b> transaction and select the Outbound interface for which the Client proxy needs to be generated.It will generate a Interface,Message Type and DataType for the ABAP client Proxy.

We need to create a Program (in se38) which sends the data out to the class that has been generated. The class that is generated will send data to the Integration server.

>><i>2.Do we actually need a external program to trigger it?</i>

Yes u hav to.

>><i>3. the basic differences between an outbound proxy and an inbound one</i>

<b>Client Proxies</b> talks about the implementation of Client Proxy (For the Outbound Interface created during Design time). It also discusses the sending out of Data using Proxies

<b>Server Proxies</b> talk about the implementation of Server Proxy (For the Inbound Interface created during Design Time). It discusses on how to handle the data that is coming into SAP System.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/f49b21674e8c44940bb3beafd83d5c/frameset.htm

Go to this link. It'll be useful!

Cheers,

Divya

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Go thru this link, it is a weblog on ABAP Client proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Suraj