cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import cannot be resolved for IPrivate* imports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the error "import cannot be resolved for IPrivate* imports'" when I import existing project. And then I close the project, copy files to gen_wdp folder again and open project according to the method in Thread

Then the problem resolved.

After that I have done some modifications and rebuild it. However the same problem occurs again. I repeat close/open project again but it doesn't help. That's to say I cannot make any modifications to the project and build out any new EAR files.

If anyone can help, I will appreciate it a lot.

Xiao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiao,

I understand that you are trying to import an existing project. Can you please check the version of the NWDS in which this project was created and also check your version of NWDS.

I faced similar problem when I tried importing a project from a different NWDS version. Its a compatibility issue.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha

maybe you are right. Any method to repair?

Xiao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiao,

When I faced the same issue, I tried all posible options which didnt solve the problem.

I would suggest you to install the compatible version of the NWDS and try importing the project or you may have to redo the entire project all over again. Repair, reload, closing and opening of NWDS will not help.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all!

It seems I only have to do the project again...

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copying files from gen_wdp is not a correct option. Because NWDS generates all java files under gen_wdp based on the configuration files. If imports are failing means the generation of gen_wdp might be failed, its possible to fix in two ways:

1)If you are imported the project for the first time and if you are seeing erros then close your NWDS and open again.

2) If problem still exist then do the following

- Right click on your project.

- Choose Reload option. This should solve your issue,

- If this step also does not solve your problem then you can use Repair -> Project Structure and Class path option under project context menu.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I have tried all your method but it doesn't work. After I repair the project and no IPrivateShineWay_ReClaimsView java file created in gen_wdp.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xiao,

Is <b>ShineWay_ReClaimsView</b> a view in your component in this project ?

If yes ensure that it doesn't have any errors. Then rebuild your project.

If you in dc environment and this view is from other project (dc). Then ensure that the dc having this view is build (dc build) correctly.

As abhilash said the gen_wdp files are generated and you shouldn't touch them. You will get more problems than solutions.

Best Regards,

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/ashwaniKrSharma&">Ashwani Kr Sharma</a>