cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't fire event in component interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We love the DC web dynpro component concepts and are trying to use them in our application. We have defined a common DC that other DCs use. What we want to do is fire an event in that common DC so that other DCs can respond to it. Getting other DCs to subscribe to the event seems to be OK. The problem is within the common DC!

We have defined a Web Dynpro Component Interface for the common DC, and have defined an event on the Component Interface Controller that sits inside it. When we try to fire this event from the common DC's controller, however, we find that there is no wdFireEvent... method available! How can we fire this event?

Any help would be very much appreciated (and attract vast numbers of points)!

Many thanks,

Russell.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

I understand that you have created an event in your common DC's component Interface Controller and you are trying to fire the same...

Question:

Are you trying to fire this event from the Component Interface Controller or the Component Controller?

If it is Component Interface Controller you wont be able to view the wdFireEvent() as a method in your outline view.

You have to use the following code to raise the event. You may use this code in your wdDoInit() method or in any of your custom method.

wdThis.wdFireEventTrialevent(); (Asumption: The event name is trialevent which is created in the Component Interface Controller)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I understand you requirements, but I guess so because I faced with a similar situation last year.

Well, my suggestion is call a method in the Common Component Interface otherwise fire an event, because the Common Component Interface must to know the other component to handle these events, in my case this requirement was false, because I did a generic component to be used anywhere for anybody.

I hope it help you.

Regards,

Luciano