cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher - Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently running EP7 on a seperate DB server and just 1 Apps server for the Portal. We are in the process of installing a second Apps server and my understanding is that we also require a Web Dispatcher for the Load balancing.

Question:-

-

Our users access the Portal with port 50000, if the web dispatcher is installed, do we have to change this port to the port number of the Web Dispatcher ??

This is our url :- http://hostname:50000/irj/portal.

We are just a bit concerned about the changing of the ports and the impact to the end-users. Some of the users have saved this url onto their favourites, and this will also have to be changed on the DNS. etc.

Any advise...

Many thanks,

Morgan Moodley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morgan,

the WebDispatcher connects to the message server of the portal and retireves the ports for the portal - which is 50000 by default.

The port of the message server can be anyhting you like, lets say 80. So the users will have to change their favourites to the new URL http://webdispatcherhost/irj

If the WebDispatcher will run on the host "hostname" then you can change the port of the portal to something different like 55555 and the WebDisp can then run on port 50000.But if this server fails users will not be able to access the portal anymore. So you should think about a high availability setup of your WebDisp!

If you install the WebDisp on a different server than the portals you maybe can change the hostname from the portal server1 to the WebDisp server...

Hth,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Michael,

I think you have answered my question.

I am planning to install the Web Dispatcher on the 1st Apps server, that is where the message server is running.

So, we will have to change the port and get the users to to change their favourites.

Many thanks,

Morgan