cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edi documents , how are they generated??

Former Member
0 Kudos

while working in edi we know that we exchange lot of documents with the customers. like shipping notification, delivery schedule, invoice or billing document, po confirmation , sales order confirmation etc etc.

how are they generated in our r/3 the system.

do these also have tcodes like the other application documents- sales order(va01), deliveries (vl01n) ????

so how are they generated?

bhardwaj n.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

please see the T-codes

like WE02/WE05/WE09 to search Idoc document

we20-to mainain partner profile

BD87-for manual reprocessing of Idoc

• OVA9 Creates entries for each sold-to customer for which you will receive EDI schedule releases. This transaction updates table T663A. SAP will not post an EDI schedule release, if this record is missing.

• OVAI Creates entries for each Vendor / Partner description combination. (Vendors must match sold-to Acct. at Cust., and Partner descriptions must match ship-to Partner descriptions.) This transaction updates table T661W. SAP uses this table to determine the schedule agreement sold-to partner.

• VOE4 Table view EDPAR. Link external partner number with our internal number

: Together all three of these transactions (OVA9,OVAI,VOE4) are used when a Delfor, 830, Deljit, and 862 are received to determine what customer SA needs to be updated. They will also serve as the logic to populate the SoldTo and ShipTo fields on an inbound 850 or 860.

I think it will help you from SD point of you.

Best Regards

Sainath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankyou sagar,sainath and kumar tooo. well i dont know how long is the thread goin to be. i will try on with whatever you guys suggested . coz there are so many questions that have arised now.

does this mean that there is no tcode for documents above ?? so that means they are always made with the help of forms, is it? what are the standard forms normally used for each one of them. ? and i am sure in real time they must not be using these standard ones , every clients requirement is different. so are the standard forms modified ? so please let me know what different forms are used ? and what are the programs. used.? all this whatever i wanna know is from sd point of view. once again the documents are---- sales order confirmation, delivery note, addvance shipping notification, invoice etc etc.

n. bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look at following links:

Example Program to Generate an IDoc:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/21785851ce11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

EDI Basics:

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2006/12/11/edi-basics

<b>Reward if helpful.</b>

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply, but my question still remains unanswered , it didnt really had much to do with the edi , may be i posed the question wrong. My question was:

how are these documents in my r/3 system generated

like the shipping notification, delivery schedule, invoice or billing document, po confirmation , sales order confirmation etc etc.

do these also have tcodes like the other application documents- sales order(va01), deliveries (vl01n) ?

so how are they generated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The outbound documents are generated via output types. This process is handled in output determination procedure. SPRO->SD->Basic functions->Output Control.

you can determine the output types in T.code NACE. You can assign a output medium for each customer in transactions VV11(Sales), VV21(Shipping), VV31(Billing), VV71(transportation).

you need to have a partner profile maintained for each customer in Tcode WE 20. Here you will mention the message types (ASN, SO, Invoice) and the basic idoc type you want to use. This partner profile is a must in case for EDI transactions.

I hope this info helps you.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add on to Kumar's info above, the output type maintained for the sale/shipping/billing will be assigned to the Message type in the partner profile settings..Also the output type you need to maintain transmission medium as EDI.

Hence when a sales order is generated and the output type is being triggered, due the EDI transmission setting, system knows that it has to be sent via EDI. It will check if the output type is assigned to any of the message type in the partner profile. If yes, it will process the function module attached to the message type which will create the idoc.

Based on the port settings for the partner profile, the idoc will be sent out to the external system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well thanks again, well i do understand that a output type is associated with the sales documents. but i wanna know what fields are goin to be there in the idocs which are generated? so as per that,i basically wanted to know that the documents like the order confirmation, delivery note, shipping notification (ASN) etc etc how are they made. whether i send them by email, edi, fax thats a separate issue . i wanna know how are they made. e.g if i were to send a order confirmation to my cust with a print out. where would i prepare that printout so that i know that fields like sales order number, po no, date , qty etc etc be mentioned on that. where do i make that doc .? sending through some medium comes later .

please reply folks

n.bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha, as i understand from ur question, you need to know how do we prepare the layout for the document to be sent...If the requirement is to send print out, then we design the layout using SAPscript..t-code is SE71. Here it is defined how the layout is done and where the information like sales order/material/qty would be printed. Then you would need a program which would use this form and write data like so number,material etc.. from SAP tables onto this form. You will attach this form and the program which would process this form in NACE transaction for the output type. See if this info helps you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha, as i understand from ur question, you need to know how do we prepare the layout for the document to be sent...If the requirement is to send print out, then we design the layout using SAPscript..t-code is SE71. Here it is defined how the layout is done and where the information like sales order/material/qty would be printed. Then you would need a program which would use this form and write data like so number,material etc.. from SAP tables onto this form. You will attach this form and the program which would process this form in NACE transaction for the output type. See if this info helps you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to know the structure of an idoc, like the segments and fields which hold the sales, delivery or shipping data you can go to tcode WE60. there give the basic type ORDERS05, DELVRY03 of the idoc which you want to analyze. the documentation gives detailed info.

If you want the info for a print, then go by the above reply.