Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with the request of a non-dialog user, I resetted the password of the user. But the user want his

old password which ofcourse he also doesnt remember.

Is there any way of getting the old password which has been reset?

Thanks,

Ramakrishna.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only way to do it is to delete the user id and recreate. In NW2004S, you will be able to define the password history log with a parameter so that its not the last 5 passwords.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Deleting may complicate the problem since he is a nondialog user. He may defined old password

with SM59( RFC destinations.) If any has some magic way of finding plz help us.

Ramakrishna.

0 Kudos

Rama,

There is no magic way to recover the password you will have to reset the ID's and change the passwords in the RFC destinations.

The passwords are one way algorithms. Depending on your version and password parameters there are ways to brute force "crack" passwords however I won't get into that here.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi,

the only way is to reset the password of that user and also reset the password of the RFC destination.

I assume that u must know the connection between source and destination thorugh this RFC...so u can change the password at all the places where it will be used....so there is no big porblem in that.....

Regards,

kamlesh