Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth obj & Tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I just regester, so I'm a roky

I have two questions for you guys, if someone can answer this it will be really appreciate it.

1: I'm using ECC 6.2, my question is how can I add Tcode manually through auth obj S_Tcode? we used to do this in pervious version but in this version they unable it, Can anyone navegate the steps?

2: another question is I was trying to create custom Auth obj throug SU24 when I excute mm03 transaction code and in change mode I enter Object tab and trying to define z_xxxx it doesn't save in MM03 trans a new auth obj ?

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you want to create a new auth object or do you want to assign an auth object to a transaction?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Welcome to SDN.

Same as it like s_tcode. Try, it will work.

Note: Points always encourag me to reply !!

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

but if you go to Auth tab, and try to add Transaction code through S_Tcode for example you want to enter range of Transaction such Aaa_Ass.

I tried so many times its unable, Any suggestion

Thanks

0 Kudos

Add another instance of the object s_tcode manually and here define what all additional tcodes you want.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much !

Do you have any idea regarding creating Custom Auth obj through su24, I know I can create it through su21 but someone told me to I can create it through su24 when I execute specific transaction and want to add auth obj in that specific Trans

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

As far as I know, you used SU21 to create new Custom Auth Object, and SU24 to link the Custom Auth Object to a T-Code.

Thanks,

Lye

0 Kudos

Lye, How do I transport a custom Auth object once I create it in SU21 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you want to create a new auth object or do you want to assign an auth object to a transaction?

0 Kudos

I understood

Thank you so much for your help,

I have another question regarding "Authorization Group" how to create auth group to secure certain table?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

transaction SE54.. Selection authorization groups-> create

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. Go to PFCG

2.click on change icon

3.click on authorization tab

4.click on change auth

5 click on manually,

6.fill the autho object ie S_TCODE enter

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would like to strongly advise AGAINST doing that. Inserting manual S_TCODE objects will - at best - make maintenance a lot harder in the future, at worst it will scrutinize your security efforts.

If you add the TCode manually, you will break the link to the authorization objects linked through your SU24 maintenance. So, you will either miss objects, or have too many or the wrong ones, as you need to add those manually as well.

When you review roles, you're likely to miss these ones as they do not appear in the menu. The user will also not see them in the menu, unless you create a manual menu. When you remove transactions from a role, the associated objects will not get removed automatically, as they would if you had inserted them via the menu.

In short: Don't, you'll thank me later

Frank.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add a suggestion. In the profile generator at the menu tab you see the button authorization default. If you use this the transaction will not be shown in the user menu, but has all the benefits from the profile generator. If that is your goal that the user must not be aware having this transaction, this is your solution. An other way I saw just an answer previous.

Have fun

Jan van Roest