cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS: Starting global sequences from within exit functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing the following situation: In a SAP GUI planning folder a few header variables (e.g. Profit Center) need to be selected by the user.

On layout change, an exit function is run, which checks a few control tables and then triggers the correct global planning sequence.

However, when doing this, it seems the variable selections done by the user in his session (e.g. Profit Center) are not available for the functions running within the global sequence which I trigger from within the exit. If I directly run the global sequence "on layout change", it works. If I run it from within the exit function, I get the variable not assigned messages.

The coding looks like this:

CASE l_module.

WHEN 'VO'.

READ TABLE lt_modsel INTO l_modsel INDEX 1.

IF l_modsel-SOI_OPTION = 'S'. "

l_sequence = 'RTGSS398'.

ELSE......

ENDIF.

ENDCASE.

SUBMIT UPC_BUNDLE_EXECUTE WITH BUNDLE = l_sequence.

What did I do wrong???

Many thanks in advance,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand a SUBMIT runs in its own space/session and will not share the context of the submitting program. As such, UPC_BUNDLE_EXECUTE will have access to the sequence name (that you passed in parameter) and nothing else. This is as I see it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. But what is an alternative to run global sequences from within exit functions, if SUBMIT does not do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using FM API_SEMBPS_GLSEQUENCE_EXECUTE to execute the sequence and then call FM API_SEMBPS_POST to post it to DB (check documentation of the first FM in SM37).

This is just a suggestion (not something I have done in exit FM : usual disclaimer).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, this solved the problem!!!!

Answers (0)