cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring default workset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement where i need to set a page as default page, means once the user login to the portal this page should appear by default.

I have some 4 worksets to be configured say P,Q,R,S. At top level navigation i will show only Q,R & S. when user logs in to the portal the page for workset P should be shown by default.

Can any one provide me solution how to configur this inportal.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I hope the worksets (P, Q, R, S) are entry points. In that case just maintain the property called "Sort Priority" for these four worksets. Set something like below

P: Sort Priority=90

Q: Sort Priority=91

R: Sort Priority=92

S: Sort Priority=93

It should come in exact same order.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one more problem, I have created a folder in which i placed teh iViews, worksets, pages and role. I have assigned all the worksets to role i had created in the folder.

I assigned a user to the role in User Management, thats the only role assigned to the uesr.

the problme is there are some more worksets configured already to differetn roles.

When i login to the portal with user assiged with role i created the workset other than what i created are also shown. I didnt understood how they are displayed wih out assigning the other worksets in different folder which were not assigned to the role i had created.

Can you tell me what could have went worng?

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check whether the user is present in any groups. The groups might have some roles assigned to them. So the worksets might be showing up for the user.

You can also go and check the workset in the PCD and find out what roles the worksets have been linked to. This might solve the riddle.

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You need to set the "Sort Priority" of the particualr Object. By default it is set to 100.

Set the Sort Priority of the role to which your page has been linked. Set it to any value less than 100. If there are many pages linked to the role. Set the value based on the ordering requirement. The lesser the value, more the priority.

Reward points, if helpful.

Regards,

Abhishek