cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online disaggregation

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have keyfigure2 that looks at keyfigure1 for disaggregation. We require keyfigure2 in a dataview to reflect the new proportions online as the keyfigure1 values at detailed level are changed. We have tried quite a few macro features, however are unable to make it to work. Has someone implemented this online disaggregation feature?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Disaggregation only occurs when you write new data at aggregated level, so if you change the proportional factors but there is no change in your aggregated level, you will never see any change.

Try to make that system calculates disaggregation online is complicated. May be, if you make a macro that identifies when a proportional factor in changed and then automatically do a change at aggregated level and undo this change, for instance, when proportional factor changes: keyfigure2 +1, keyfigure2 - 1.

I cannot see other way.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, Proportional factors dont automatically change the KF that are based on them

what i would do is

a. copy the aggregated value of the KF A to another Keyfigure (it could be a temporary one)

b. Zero out the value of the KF (this is because the old Proportions at detailed level need to be zero or the next step will be of no use)

c. copy back from temp KF to KF A

this will give you new proportions

if you are in SCM 5.0 there is a feature called redisaggregation that you can set as an attribute when creating a macro (in the result row i think) . Try that out.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make sure I understand, did you suggest that the 3 steps be executed online with a macro when any change is sensed in diagg key figure? I tried these steps on online, and unfortunately the target keyfigure retains old proportions inspite of zeroing it out in the intermediate step. Net net the online macro looks to be different from the batch one that offers flexibility to run macros at predefined aggregate levels. THis was after attempting to use functionalities such as AGG_LEVEL and DRILL_DOWN. I am in 4.1 and hence probably do not have the luxury of using redisaggregation as an attribute.