cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter stops working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a strange problem with one of our file adapters (FTP). At random times it just stops polling. In the Channel Monitor the CC is green, the last entry is the log is "processing started". This "processing" or whatever it's doing goes on forever. The only way to get it working again is to stop and start the CC again.

I have already tried many things. I've checked CC in the Directory, but it is configured the same as our other file adapters. There is also nothing wrong with the input file or the data within.

Could this be a bug or could this be caused by an unstable FTP-server or connection? We are at NW04s SP12, Xi 3.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the note provided by SAP.

Note 1083488 - XI FTP/JDBC sender channel stop polling indefinitely

Regards,

Kumar.

**Reward points if helpful!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it also!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found your question File / JDBCAdapter stops working, stops polling. How did you fix this issue. Did SAP came back with an solution???

SAP Note - 1083488, I have seen this note, Its good too.

Do you have any other suggestions???

Thanks.

sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kwanten:

Even we have the same issue for the past couple of weeks..we tried all sort of solutions to get rid of the problem but were not able to....its still exist..we have logged a ticket to SAP support and waiting for them

for the time being we used "Availability Time Planning" to schedule the polling which is like forcing the channel to wake up and die in the time interval we want....

(sometimes even it stops but not as frequent as the above)

if you find solution to your problem let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I'll try some things and keep an eye on how this works out.

Thanks for your help, let me know if SAP comes up with a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same problem. Did you have an answer of SAP yet?

Or solved it in another way?

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GURU,

I found your question File / JDBCAdapter stops working, stops polling. How did you fix this issue. Did SAP came back with an solution???

SAP Note - 1083488, I have seen this note, Its good too.

Do you have any other suggestions???

Thanks.

sk

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>At random times it just stops polling.

Check the polling seconds... If the Data is not in the folder for a long time after some time the File adapter will turn to inactive status some times.... That might be the reason

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, you could be right. Sometimes there is a long time between file uploads (days). Polling frequency is 60 seconds. However, in the channel monitor the status is green. Is it possible that a CC goes inactive, while the status in the monitor is still green?

Do you think this could be solved by significantly increasing the polling frequency ?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have other adapters with ftp protocol which work ok, it is almost sure related to the ftp server.

Regards,

Henrique.