Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

VS2003 / SAP Connector problem

Hi,

I've been all over the forum, and there's lots of stuff that is similar to my problem, but none that solves it (yet).

I'm running VS 2003 from a Windows 2000 server. My Windows session is logged

on via a remote connection, so the server "C:" drive appears as my local "C:" drive.

I can log on to SAP via my local SAP GUI logon pad, so I know the SAPLOGON.INI is correct. I can launch the VS 2003 .NET command prompt and ping the SAP servers successfully, so I know they are visible from my server.

When I add a new SAP Connector item to a project, the SAP .NET Connector

Wizard pops up and prompts for the SAP server details. I can pick any of the three SAP servers for the System name, and the Wizard automatically fills in the Host and ID fields. I add a correct client number, user name and password, but when I click the [Next>] button, I get the following error message:

Test Connect failed. Please correct connection settings. Error was: Open file

'C:\WINNT\sapmsg.ini' failed

There is no file by that name in the WINNT directory.

If I try to add a new server from the Server Explorer (by entering the IP address), it says the IP address is outside the local domain.

If I click the [Groups] button on the SAP logon pad, and enter the SID and IP address for the server, then "generate list", it says it can't connect to the message server.

Please can anyone help out?

John

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question