Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Automatic Clearing with Payment Advice via EDI

I am trying to automate the cash application process via the receipt of the customer inbound 820 (using message type REMADV, type PEXR2002). I can successfully post payment, clear open items, and set up deductions relating to a specific invoice, but I haven't been able to post deductions unrelated to an invoice. Our customers often take deductions not related to a specific invoice at the same time as remitting payment for invoices. Has anyone managed to post 'independent' deductions when posting a payment advice via EDI?

I also have one small problem selecting the customer open item for clearing. Our billing document number does not equal the financial accounting document number. We store our billing document number in the Assignment field, and this is the number the customer will reference when remitting payment. I have not been able to find a way to use the customer's reference number (e.g. Assignment field) to select the open item. Has anyone had any success using the Selection Rule assigned to the payer to select open items by something other than the accounting document number? Or is this functionality only available for manual processing of payment advices.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank-you,

Shauna

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question