Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planner as Characteristic in DP

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have Demand Planner as a characteristic in DP and till the time I am uploading the data through flat file I have the characteristic and value defined to it , but once I am configuring the direct pull of sales history from ECC I do not have any field which has demand planner code .

I want to prepare my selection ID basis Demand Planner Code .

I also need help in understanding the purpose of putting the demand planner code in the /sapapo/mat1 .

I am able to pull all other characteristics from LO in ECC except for Demand Planner Code , but Demand Planner Code is very crucial for me when pulling sales history from ECC for selection ID creation .

Request support .

Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal , but you would appreciate if product description can be picked up by APO DP after the same is CIF from ECC to APO and it appears in /sapapo/mat1 , then if we have Demand Planner in /sapapo/mat1 it should help get captured in the APO DP Interactive Planning Book .

Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u r que is valid but Master Data in SNP is totally diff as that of DP. DP Mast Data means CVCs.

U can use SNP master Data for creation of CVCs but that proc is lengthy, u have to create Back up cube for SNP data & use that back up for CVC creation.

But u should not work like this , because in SNP master data may be replicate of R/3 ( very vast) & in DP no need to add all CVCs . As more the CVCs lesser the speed .

So create CVCs from R/3 directly with sales & stock info cube( in short create CVCs for material which having Stock or Sales )

Vishal...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

(a) I have already created Demand PLanner as an infoobject .

(b) I already uploaded history through a flat file with Demand Planner as a characteristic .

(c) I need support in mapping the Demand Planner Characteristic alongwith other characteristics like 9ALOCNO, 9AMATNR etc when configuring the upload of history and CVC creation thereafter when history is uploaded from ECC .

(d) Also need help to understand the significance of Demand Planner which is configured as person responsible in APO Customizing and then mapped in /sapapo/mat1 .

Would appreciate support .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Que - I need support in mapping the Demand Planner Characteristic alongwith other characteristics like 9ALOCNO, 9AMATNR etc when configuring the upload of history and CVC creation thereafter when history is uploaded from ECC .

Ans - U can do wat u want by adding Demand Planner as a field in Material Master in ECC or by using any unwanted field as Demand Planner(Eg - Basic Data 2 screen having many unwanted fields). Then like other characteristic u can capture same in ur Data source & fm there to Info cube..

Que2 -need help to understand the significance of Demand Planner which is configured as person responsible in APO Customizing and then mapped in /sapapo/mat1 .

Ans - No exact Idea but its like MRP controller for segreegation or filter in any report.

Vishal Laddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant -

You need to map Demand planner to APO. you cannot CIF Demand Planner (MRP controllers from R/3 to APO).

You can ask the ABAP guys to see the upload of history that you are doing to be verified by putting in alerts for mismatch of the product or location or demand planner.

this is what we did in our project also.

hope this helps you.

regards,

suresh garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Prashant -

You can add the demand planner as characteristics in the file that you are uploading. Once the demand planner codes are uploaded into the infocube, you can create cvcs for the same.

then you can do a selection profile where u can pick your different demand planners and the data set associated with these demand planners are uploaded into the planning book.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DP Planner can be maintained seperately as BW infoobject master data. You should able to use ODS to map the DP Planner field with an appropriate CVC, using some predefined rules that you may be aware of. (eg PLanners can be based on Product-Region etc)