cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping vendor line itme for payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FI Gurus,

I created a payment proposal for a vendor and in the edit payment proposal I found two different line items which would create 2 check for the same vendor. The vendor is having 7 invoices totally to be paid and those 2 line items are having each 2 and 5 invoices respectively.

My questions is on what basis this grouping takes place and how can I cut a single check for all the 7 invoices ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply with solution would be awarded with points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in Vendor Master - Payment transactions Accounting. There is a check box "Individual Pmnt". If this check box is selected, checks are cut for each individual open item is paid separately.

Also you can check in configuration in transaction code FBZP. Click on Payment Methods in Company Code. Click on payment method and check the settings for Grouping of Items. If the check box Single payment for marked item is selected - individual items are paid separately.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I have already check the settings you have mentioned.

In vendor master - individual pmnt is not checked.

In FBZP - Payment methods in compnay code - Single payment for marked item is not selected.

I also tried payment grouping rule and updated the grouping key in vendor master also - even that is not working.

is there any other setting I am missing ? please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether it has anything to do with Payment terms / due date of the line items. Actually, this should not impact as the payment run includes all the documents till the date given in proposal.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

could you be more specific please ?

Hi all,

Did anybody else came across this situation and found a solution for this ?

Thanks in advace..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the work of grouping keys....check whether you have a wrapper program which runs before F110 ...some wrapper programs which run before F110 does this kinda job to assign the grouping keys to the vendor.

Delete the grouping keys and check.....if it is working for all the 7 invoices....

Also please let me know what are these grouping keys implemented at your place?

are they by date or by name of the vendor or check amount...

Thx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Babu,

when u run the F110 payment run the total amount will be cleared within a single stroke and it will be generted in 1 check itself.

If u want to block some invoices then in the <b>Display proposa</b>l u can see how much is the Outgoing payment to be cleared and how much are the invoices. In this screnn go the previous page and double click on it and then block the invoices which u want to stop the payment.

Once again get back to the previous page and run the <b>Proposal</b> .

Now u can see that the wanted amount has been only cleared and it is ready with the Check .

Hope this solution is helpfull...

assign the points if usefull...

Ranjit