cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ume.logon.locale to choose application language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Have anyone of you ever used the ume.logon.locale parameter in order to allow user to choose their prefered language on connection ?

We've set ume.logon.locale to true in UME configuration.

Now a dropdown is being displayed on logon screen. However, it seems to have no effect on application.

I thought a workaround would be recovering the value of choosen language (from the HTTP request), and redirect my application to new URL with locale set.

But I don't know where, in my web dynpro project, I can access the HTTP request.

So, if onw of you know the answer of one of those two questions:

1. is it possible to connect language dropdown on logon screen to application ?

2. where and how can I access the HTTP request ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can access the http request parameters by using the WDWebContextAdapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Noufal...

Using this class, I was able to look at parameters received, but my application do not receives any of the parameters entered in logon screen.

Is there any way to access those parameters ?

I would be really glad if someone could help me with that...

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already been looking at documentation on i18n, but I've not read, until now, anything talking about this language dropdown on logon screen...

Also, I've found a way to recover UME properties:

com.sap.security.api.util.IUMParameters params = UMFactory.getProperties();
params.get("ume.logon.locale");

But this, of course, returns me TRUE 😄 Since we've set the ume.logon.locale property of UME to true...

Why is the name of the dropdown the same of the parameter for UME configuration ?

It seems this language dropdown is of no use, at least in SP11, since its value can't be recovered in web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right. The dropdown is of no use, I also ran into the same issue and was told it is no official feature (though everyone can see it?)

Thanks

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK 😄

Thank you very much...

Answers (0)