cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load repository without (TCP/IP) port binding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

According to the MDM100 course, it is possible to load repositories without port binding (for port flip-over). But how do I do this?

When I try to erase the port number of the (unloaded) repository, a message informs me that a port number between 2000 and 9999 is required.

Is this option gone in SP05?

Kind regards,

Dennis klemann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I don't know much about MDM100 course nor port binding, by i can say you one thing that is; every repository is recognized by its name and port number; externally its the Name and internally its the port number. So both of them are must and should be unique. so when ever you create an repository or rename it you require to give a different name and port number which is between 2000 and 9999; it should not match with any other port already existing.

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

You're right for typical use, but I'm working on a high availability scenario. Basically, it should be possible to load a slave repository without port binding. In case the master repository fails, the slave can immediately take over (by assigning the port of the master), at least in read-only mode - but better than nothing and external applications don't have to be reconfigured.

When the master repository is up again, it can take over the port.

For bigger installations, a clustering system is probably better suited, though...

Kind regards,

Dennis

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the point you made, it can really be usefull as you pointed out. I will also try at the scenario you pointed out.

Thanks and Regards

CHARAN