cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

here we are going to use proxies on receiver side.so we used XI adapter on receiver side. we are going to use multimapping because we have only interface on sender side and multiple interfaces on receiver side. we have to post this data to R/3 by generating proxies. . my doubt is

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE MULTIMAPPING WHEN USING XI ADAPTER ON RECEIVING SIDE.

because while i am testing the scenario it is giving the message at <b>interface determination and mapping step</b> but while i test my mapping program in IR it is working fine . i think it is not able to split the message while mapping. thats why i got that doubt. please let me know . it is urgent.

thank you all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramana,

>>>IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE MULTIMAPPING WHEN USING XI ADAPTER ON RECEIVING SIDE.

Yep. Possible.

1. Writing on caps is the equivalent of shouting in forums.

Refrain yourself from doing so. Give an appropriate subject.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just tried a File - XI ABAP Proxy scenario with multi mapping and I was wrong.

It is not possible to use multimapping with ABAP Proxy at receiver end.

The error msg I got in SXMB_MONI is

<b>Messages in multi-message format can only be sent to one Adapter Engine</b>.

I remember a conversation in forums a few months back regarding the same topic where some SDNers said this scenario is possible. Also the error msg given by Ramana is not coz of using multimapping with server ABAP proxies. Hence I gave my opinion.

I am glad, if any one can prove me wrong again.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry jai. i wont repeat to use caps. thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>sorry jai. i wont repeat to use caps

Ramana,

No personal offence intended.

BTW, glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

jai,

here i am having one interface on the sender side and multiple interfaces on receiver side . we are going to use proxies to post the data to R/3. when i am testing my scenario in test configuration. it is giving error at interface determination and mapping step. can you please help me in this scenario

here i created interface determination. i am not using any sender communication channel. we have given the pay load directly. so we didn't create any sender agreement. if any idea please let me know .

thanks for your efforts.

thanks,

ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you copy past your error message here?

Also when you said using proxys to post data in SAP R/3 means you have created inbound proxys on R/3 system..right?

Nilesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/ce79623ef30cd5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

"(...)only those adapters that run on the Adapter Engine are supported. <b>The Java proxy runtime is also not supported.</b> This means that the selection of possible target interfaces is restricted to the corresponding adapter types. In particular, no target messages can be sent to an integration process."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

"All receiver agreements that have a receiver interface from the mapping entered in the key must only be assigned communication channels with the following adapter types:

- RFC adapter

- SAP Business Connector adapter

- File/FTP adapter

- JDBC adapter

- JMS adapter

- SOAP adapter

- Marketplace adapter

- Mail adapter

- RNIF adapter

- CIDX adapter

The adapters also have to all run on the same Adapter Engine."

As you can see, no XI Adapter.

I'm afraid ABAP Proxies are not supported also, but I'm not sure.

Regards,

Henrique.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramanna

Using of Multimapping doesn't depend entirely on the type of adapter you are using in the receiver side.

regards

Nisar

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Using of Multimapping doesn't depend entirely on the type of adapter you are using in the receiver side.

Pls do not provide wrong info here. Multimapping ofcourse depends on the adapter type used at the target end. You can not use Multimapping W/o BPM if the target side has IDOC or HTTP adapters..

Regards,

Jai Shankar