cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow of control in MI Project with respect to creation of jsp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Iam having a MI application in which there are a lot of jsp's, controller files and some files of extension(.view and .inc) are there. Can anybody tell me the flow of control in a MI application with respect to jsp. The environment contains jsp's, .view files and controller files.

And also can anybody provide me any document or help to understand MI api.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This link will help you in case you want to understand the flow of MI application:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1042d3cb-dff0-2910-19bf-bd87be30...

the MI API :

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/SPS09/me/overview-summary.html

shall give you clear understanding of the API.

refer help or SDN for help on topics.

Regards

Divya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

from what you saying your application is created using CAF (Client application farmework).

To get more information about ui architecture you can refer to Mobile Asset management (3.0 version) enhancement documentation (MAM is built based on the same framework).

You can get MAM documentation from service marketplace https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/swdc -> Release&Upgrade Info -> Installation and Upgrde guyides -> SAp xApps -> SAP xApps for Mobile Business -> SAp xMAM - SAp xMAM3.0. Document named "xMAM Enhancement Guide (Front-End Architecture)" will give you info on how jsps, controllers, views are connected.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for your help and directions. Your reply has helped me get some far into MI space.

Can you help me in understanding the meaning and objective of the classes in the MAM API like Mam001etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi,

Mam001xxxx objects are interfaces to the defined SyncBo/Row items. to know

which SyncBo/Row is mapped to what, refer to the mapping.xml at the root

folder of your MAM30.

jo

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

classes in package com.sap.mbs.mam.bo (Mam001) represent DB access layer.

They are generated by a special tool, called BOGenerator, from a file meRepMeta.xml which is exported from SynBo created on the middleware.

There are two types of classes:

- Mam001 -> provides get/set methods in a table (in this case order header)

- Mam001Manager -> provides insert/update/delete methods for all tables in Order SyncBo.

So if for your custom enhancement you need to map a field which is not mapped in a standard SyncBo, to access this field in the front-end you have two options, either regenerated these classes and a new get/set will be created, or access it via general method getField(String fieldName).

You will see that classes in this package are commonly extended in a standard MAM itself. Most commonly it is done when getField method has to be overwritten to return something which is not in the DB, for example icon.

Hope this helps,

Larissa