cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large printouts with BW3.5: Reporting agent or excel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

My customer want's to print several hundred profit center reports at a time without having to select each separately in BW 3.5. We have a BEx query using profit center hierarchy and profit statement hierarchy in rows. Key figures are in a structure for columns. I have created a variant for selecting the top node of the profit center hierarchy and defined print settings in reporting agent. However, I don't get any reasonable printout. No columns are shown and I get 5 pages in which only one contains account numbers without any hierarchy.

We have considered printing from excel as well. There we end up with the problem of page breaks, as one profit center can have different number of rows in their report.

Any tricks and tips about printing with reporting agent are highly appreciated! Or has anybody solved the problem of defining page breaks with different number of rows in reports with excel?

Thankful for advice! Points guaranteed for good tips!

Sari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably the best approach (with BW 3.5) would be to do this in Crystal Reports.

If that is not an option, then the next best approach would probably be to turn off the hierarchy on Profit Center (you don't really need it if you are going to display one Profit Center per page, anyway) and turn on subtotals by Profit Center, then create a macro to look for "Results" in the Profit Center column and insert a page break after each one.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Answers (0)