cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Request Failed error when importing BAPI function

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running SAP EP 6 sp9 with a R/3 4.6c backend system. The portal is connected properly to the backend and verified with the connection tests. I've mapped my portal user to the R/3 user using the user mapping function. I mapped to the sap* user on the backend.

From Visual Composer I can successfully connect to the portal and can search BAPIs. However when I drag and drop the BAPI onto the workspace it tries to read the metadata and then fails with a "Portal Request Failed (no specific exception)" error dialog. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix this.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should check if you are able to create with the same user 'sap connector iview' from the portal based ont hat system and BAPI. there might be a problem in the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you download the latest add-ins for the VC and install it on the Portal?

Regards,

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't download the latest add-ins for VC. The install document mentioned that if you had SP5 and above it would already be there. Is there a newer version of the add-ins I should be using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> you should check if you are able to create with the

> same user 'sap connector iview' from the portal based

> ont hat system and BAPI. there might be a problem in

> the portal.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried creating the iView in EP and I managed to create the iView successfully (i.e. it did locate the BAPI and was able to retrieve the metadata e.g. MAX_ROWS) However when I ran the iView it gave an error. I looked at the log file and this is the error that is occuring:

"Failed to create native data dictionary metadata object"

This is the same error that occurs when Visual Composer tries to read the metadata. This sounds like a permissions issue or perhaps I didn't install a component that should be there? Has anyone seen this error message before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After reading some of the posts in this forum about possible solutions, I decided to upgrade to the latest versions of everything. So now I have

- SAP EP6 SP12 (with patch 5 add-ons)

- Visual Composer 6 Patch 5

The portal connects to an R/3 4.6c system. I've configured the connection properties and the user mappings. The connection test indicates it connects SUCCESFULLY (with a green checkmark).

However when I import a BAPI (BAPI_BANK_GETLIST) it fails when trying to read the metadata. The error I get is <b>Portal Request Failed (Native connection to the backend system is broken)</b>. The log file indicates that the root cause is <b>Failed to get alias mappers sub context in portal registry</b>

Why is that happening? The portal can connect to the backend fine. I used the connectionTester iView and it worked fine. Even regular iViews can connect to the backend ok. Please help, I've run out of options.

thanks

Message was edited by: Tim Choo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try the note # 717836

I had the same issue and the solution in 717836 worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that BAPI have any nested structures or something like that in its parameters?

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm calling BAPI_BANK_GETLIST. I'm walking through the example scenario in the help file so I assume they picked BAPIs that work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Does that BAPI have any nested structures or

> something like that in its parameters?

>

> Lior

Is this a known issue with VC? I've been having problems importing certain custom FM as well and they do have nested structures.