Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform printer issue LOCL/SAP PRINTER NAME

john_fitzgerald
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have this smartform and driver program which i print through an output type from

VF03.

When i print with printer as LOCAL, it prints right.

However when i use the same printer, this time specifiying the printer name

the shadings and colors get distorted. The greys are printed as jet black.

This is the same printer, only the way i reference it has changed.

What must i do. Can i fix this without basis help?

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check the background shading of the windows of the Smartform where you get the black boxes. If it is set something like this:

Color: Grey

Saturation: 100%

this can be the problem.

I know it is strange but some black and white printers cannot handle this setting. They only know one color black so the ignore the color setting and just take the saturation 100% setting.

The reason it works with LOCL and device type SAPWIN is that the print data is created in Windows and sent to the printer as graphic.

If you wnat a gray background to a window, change the shading for window -> tab 'Output Options' to:

Color: Black

Saturation: 20%

and this should resolve the problem.

Then create a new spool and check if the problem is resolved. See SAP Note #400050.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you print through LOCAL, the system sends to the printer using the printer driver installed on your local PC. When you print using the printer name it goes through the printer driver defined on the application server and linked to the printer in SPAD. These can be different versions and called with different print control characters (see definition in SPAD - SAPWIN / SWIN / SAPLPD for front end printing has different control sequences activated than other drivers).

You may fix by updating / changing the print driver being used - eg change to POST2 driver if printer supports postscript. It may be that there is no driver available for the printer directly through SPAD that will give all features of front end printing.

You will also get a different print again using front end print method "G" (controls technology) than you get with method "F" (SAPLPD printing).

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am facing the same problem. Can u pls let me know if you had found a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Prathap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As of my knowledge i dont think basis people do something ,

i think u have to do something by doing changes in color setting in form itself/problem in printer.

Reward points if helpful.

Thanks

Naveen khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

then u have to check what kind of printer it is fetch when u provide printer name.

check more details in SPAD.

Regards

Peram