Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Mechanism I am using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All

I have my Presentation Layer on my Laptop means Saplogon Pad and my Application Layer somewhere in US means my SAP Server.

I am able to connect through my logong pad to my any server somewhere located in US.

Now, I want to know which mechanism is being used to establish this connection???

I know that Internet is being used in conenction...so can we say that we are using ITS or ICM or its something else....

Regards

Mukul Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This link will show the diagram of ITS, and its components.

<b>http://www.erpgenie.com/netweaver/was/index.htm</b>

The ITS is made up of WGate and AGate. When a user, who may be located anywhere with Internet access, enters or clicks on a URL to request an ITS service , their Web browser passes the request to the Web server. The Web server then passes the request to the WGate, which resides as a server extension on the same computer . The WGate establishes a connection and forwards the requests from the Web server to the AGate, which may or may not be on the same computer. The AGate processes the requests and sends relevant data to the R/3 application. The AGate retrieves data from the application, processes it into an HTML page and sends it back to the WGate. The WGate passes the page to the Web server which, in turn, sends it back to the requesting system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Runal

Thanks but I think u r not undestanding my question...

I know very well that If user has not saplogon pad thn he can connect with the help of browser and there ITS is being used.

But what if in case when user has saplogon pad and user connects to Server located somewhere else. like I am connecting....

Thn Is I am using ITS?????

Regards,

Mukul Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be able to connect to a SAP server from the Internet, one uses SAProuter as a proxy between the SAP GUI and the SAP server.

SAP router according to help.sap.com is: "<b>SAProuter is an SAP program that acts as an intermediate station (proxy) in a network connection between SAP Systems, or between SAP Systems and external networks. SAProuter controls the access to your network (application level gateway), and, as such, is a useful enhancement to an existing firewall system (port filter)."</b>

SAP has implemented it's own protocol called <b>NI or SAP protocol</b>. From help.sap.com: "The protocol used by SAP programs that communicate using the NI interface is called the SAP protocol. This is an enhanced version of the TCP/IP protocol, which has been supplemented by one length field and some options for error information."

The use of saprouter means that a client will first connect to saprouter. SAProuter then connects to an additional SAProuter or to a SAP server.

The connection from SAP GUI to SAP router is a connection to port 3299, and SAProuter uses port 32## to connect to the SAPserver for a "normal" connection and port 33## for an RFC (Remote Function Call) connection. In both cases ## is the system number of the SAP server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, Its clear

I think u refer "help.sap.com", I need to know more so it would b very nice if u send me the link of that page.......

Thanks

Mukul Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reward points.

Try searching with "Establishing connection with application server"

And browse pages that come along with it, you will get sufficient material.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that the SAP gui relies a lot on the COM programming interface, but I would submit this question in the SAP gui forum.

Eddy

-

PS. Reward useful answers and earn points yourself