Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone,

I have got SAP GUI 7.10 (PL2 - All components) installed.

We are not live yet with SAP and I am pretty new to SAP.

I have been asked to standardise out SAP GUI ini file and I am after best practices or recommendations from more experienced BASIS administrators:

Should the Production users be able to add, update and delete their System Entries? If not how can I disable it?

Should I create System Entries or Shorcuts Entries? What are the main differences?

Some development will require the SAP GUI ini file to be standardised as some functionality will be linked to the SAP GUI.

I am thinking about creating 4 System entries and numbering them:

1-Production

2-Solution Manager

3-QAS

4-DEV

Some key users may need access to all or once we go live some users will only need access to Production.

Is there a way of disabling these entries (greyed out on the Logon) without creating/issuing different saplogon.ini?

Any answers/suggestions will be welcomed.

I am really after the best standards practices.

Thank you

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Let's see,

<b>Should the Production users be able to add, update and delete their System Entries? If not how can I disable it?</b>

You can make them use SAPlogon Pad instead of SAPlogon so they can't change the entries.

<b>Should I create System Entries or Shorcuts Entries? What are the main differences?</b>

You should create System entries, shortcuts are like bookmarks is IE, basically they take you to a specific system/instance while System will take you through logon group or to wherever you system entry is configured to take you.

<b>Some development will require the SAP GUI ini file to be standardised as some functionality will be linked to the SAP GUI.</b>

I'll create a saplogon.ini for developers/admis and one for end users

<b>Is there a way of disabling these entries (greyed out on the Logon) without creating/issuing different saplogon.ini?</b>

Not that i know... basically you should have a saplogon.ini for each target group depending on their needs.

The best way to have full control of SAPGui is using a SAP Frontend Gui Installation Server (I thinks thats what is called) basically you can create sapgui packages and deploy them to target user groups depending on their tasks and basically any changes to the saplogon can be done automatically from there.

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

This added to a conversation I had earlier with colleagues will allow me to understand more and plan accordingly for it.

Have a good day.

Regards

Corinne

Answers (0)