cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding connection between XI and other system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Assume i have a XML file that comes 2 the XI system from the web and the XI system has 2 send the info received via the XML to a R/3 system through a idoc.what happens when the connectivity between XI system and r/3 system is down at that time ?? does XI wait tile the connection is regained or does it get pushed to a error status after whihch we have to go and reprocess the XML's

Regards,

Vignesh

Message was edited by:

vignesh perumal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are trying to push the data from XI to R/3 if R/3 is active the data will move out of Port which you maintain in XI (IDX1) and depending the amount of data and other factors if might sit in the inbound queue.

When XI is trying to send the data to R/3 and if R/3 is not active at that point of time, you idoc receiver will fail and the message will break you will receive an erorr In Xi saying NO Receiver found.

Or it might even fail in the Receiver determination step of Xi pipleline. because you connection with the SLD and R/3 will also break.

In this case you can restrat the message from the sxmb_moni.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184543
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it should get reprocessed as soon as your connection is restored. It depends on the sender configurations again.. U can specify ur time there also..

Warm Regards

Sanjo

Award Points if helpful!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

the message will stuck in the inbound queue. You can monitore the queue with SMQ2.

XI tries automatically to restart the message (I think up to 10 times). When the

message is failed and your R/3 system is regained, you just need to restart the

first message of each queue

Best Regards

Alexander

Message was edited by:

Alexander Wrobel