cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ABAP PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a Prog in r/3 system that calls the XI system through a ABAP proxy . My doubt is " There is no system name or anything that is mentioned in the ABAP proxy which identifies it is calling the XI system " whereas when we call a XI system using aRFC we mention the destination . please can anyone tel me how this proxy works

Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u dont require any connection to be maintained for proxies there will be build in connections which will be done by basis adminstrator . u need to know system name and sid so that u can work it with the parameteres.

Reward if useful,

Srinivas.D

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u mean 2 say for every ABAP rpoxy i define in the r/3 sytem i have 2 create a entry for that XI sytem ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connections are done only once. Then all proxies use same connection paramters.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 4 connection steps that make connection between XI and Application system.

Goto Application system and TCODE sproxy.

Goto connection test in the menu where you get the 4 connections.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vignesh,

When we work with Proxies, first step is to connect the application system to XI system so the program automatically determines the connected systems & data is then sent to XI systems. All this connection parameters are set using SXMB_ADMIN, SM59, SLDAPICUST transations.

Regards

Sushil