cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the significance of MultiLine check box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one explain me the importance of MultiLine checkbox in Condion Editor at Interface determination.

If possible try to explain with example plz...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>

To use XPath, expand the structure of the message and double-click the required field.

If the field contains a structure, select Multiline.

An XPath expression is multiline if it returns a list. If the relevant checkbox has been selected, the evaluation of the expression will take into account that it is a list (and not a single value).</i>

The condition <Expression>=a is interpreted differently, depending on whether <Expression> is a single or multiline expression:

<Expression>is a simple expression: <Expression> is equal to <b>a</b>

<Expression>is a multiline expression: <Expression> is a list that contains the value <b>a</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/13bf7191e73a4fb3560e767a2525fd/content.htm--check this[Will help u putting expressions in condition editor]

Also this for available xpath functions-http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/xpath_functions.asp

Regards,

Pratibha

Message was edited by:

Pratibha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadagiri,

Multiline check ib BPM is used where you want to collect message and then sent them to particular receivers..

Lets say you have a sender which is sending Data A. And your requirement is such that you want to collect 10 Data of type A and then send it to Receiver.

In this case in BPM, You will take use Collect Pattern for BPM in SAP Basis SWC...

in this BPM you will have a loop with receiver step waiting for data of Type A and in the same loop there will be Multiline container which will keep on collecting the message . When count of loop become 10 you will use send step to send the Multiline container data to receiver....

hope it is clear..

Ranjeet Singh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you define a container element as multiline its functionality similar to that of tables. Gathers all the messages of same type.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiline will allow variable to hold multiple values at a time. Its like an internal table. If you are collecting messages in your scenario then you need to use this feature.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushil.

In fact it sounds good. However, let's take an example

I'm getting multiple material numbers from one Idoc,Now I have to make sure that only a desired material number would be processed. If I use Multiline then It checks for the particular value from the list and it returns true when it finds atleast once. In this case How can I handle? Moreover, I need to put that condition at Interface determination only but not at Message mapping.