Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation lane priority

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are using SNP optimizer and maintained some priorities by cost modelling in transportation lanes for sourcing decision from other location.

As to change sourcing decision maintained the Special procurement key in R/3 for particular location(changed) though also not planning for product. If this location has second priority with ref. of special procurement it should plan product with allocated cost..

Also..

For that i think i need to delete or block particular from the lane..Tried for the same but showing message that orders exist on lane..

In simulation I tried by deleteing all stock transport requisition and run it showing the results by generating the PReqRel and associated planned orders,

But when i tried in production it is not generating any planned orders..Can anybody elaborate the same..

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Can you please explain the scenario with an example, so as to make it more clear.

Regards,

Manjit

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manjit,

Scenario is : We have two manufacturing plants Plant A and Plant B. Plant A is OE Manufacturer and B is supplier ti plant A through purchase order raised from Plant A. Plant B is maintained as second priority for sourcing for Plant A, and say first priority as plant C Now as need of business change we need Plant B be the first priority for Plant A (with the cost of second priority), For that we made special procurement key in material master in plant A as to be sourced from plant B.

Now Demand is flowing to Plant B As PReqRel but againest that planned orders are not getting generated in Plant B, Every master data is present in plant B for planned orders to be generated. i.e. it has PPM for inhouse in plant B.

One more thing though also plant C has not getting demand they have some prod. orders for the same with stock. Also made chges in transportation lane between Plant A and Plant C blocking the particular material.

Can you elaborate why planned orders are not getting generated..Do SNP planning considers the stock of particular material in cross plant though also there is no transportation lane..

Regards,

Amol Chavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats the spl procurement key you have used? you might switched on the subcontracting scenario by any chance by doing so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol -

If there is no T lane between two locations then there is no consideration of supply or demand. did you try looking at the lot size in the product master that might help you in defining the priorities.

Suppose you need 100 from plant c but then the max lot size c can do is of 50 then the demand goes to the next location where the demand can be satisfied. also prioritosing your Tlanes also will help you in deciding the priority of location.

hope this will help you.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Harish/Suresh,

Thank You for your reply, We have mentioned the special procurement key to source from a particular plant ( Z type ). And we have maintained priority through Transportation lane only and not by lot size.

Regards,

Amol