cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate Characteristics Value Combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SCM 4.0. I am unable to Generate Characteristics value combination. I am able to see data in the infocube. But when i am trying to generate the same characteristics value combination in Master Planning Object Structure, i am getting the following error message.

"There is no data in the infocube for these restrictions:

PAWIC"

PAWIC is the infocube, in which i am able to see characteristics and the their value.

Please advise as to what could be the possible causes for this error.

Thanks in advance

regards

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan -

1) When you see the data in the infocube are you able to see the version column with value in it? Also the values that are assigned to each characteristic do they belong in the right column?

2) are you trying to generate the CVCs using the infoprovider or are you creating them manually by using create single characteristic combination?

I would suggest that before trying to generate the CVCs, try creating a single CVC by entering the values manually and then try to generate them from there. if that works then go back to generate the CVCs using infoprovider.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

1) In the infocube, iam able to see version 000 , which is the exactly the same in my flat file.

2) iam trying to generate CVC using infoprovider

3) i am able to generate CVC manually, but i am unable to generate from infocube.

pls see this below mail which is have posted to the forum. this has more details

"Hi Marin,

I am able to see my version (9AVERSION) in the infocube as 000 and this is the same version i am using in the field "Version" in the generate CVC. I have specified one time characteristics which is 0CALWEEK. Data format in flat file is year/week. for example it is from 200301 till 200326, then from 200401-200452, 200501-200552 and 200601-200652. But in the infocube it is visible in this format "40320" "403220"etc. I am unable understand why it is so ? In the date from and to in the generate CVC screen, i am entering 01.012003 to 31.12.2006.

But still i am getting the same error message " There is no data in the infocube for these restrictions:

PAWIC"

I am able to create manually each CVC, but i am unable to upload from infocube.

Thanks for your detail answer

regards

pawan. "

Thanks suresh for your reply

regards

pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

The error is in your infocube data, you have to assure that your data from 0CALWEEK enter in this way SSYYYY instead of YYYYSS, for instance, you give me this date 200326, this format is incorrect, you need to charge 262003 to the infocube, for this reason when you try to create your CVC's an write this dates 01.012003 to 31.12.2006 the program can not find anything.

If you have any doubt, just let me know.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan -

For your 0Calweek try going with this format in your excel sheet '012003, '022003 and so on. Mark that column as text in your format for that column. That should solve your problem.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

I tried to change week format to 262003 but then it is giving me an error messag when i am loading data from flat file to the infocube. the error message displayed is " Error in conversion exit :CONVERSION_EXIT_PERI6_INPUT"

But when i am trying to load data in 200326 format, it is not giving that error message. even my friends have suggessted me to load data in SSYYYY. But then i am getting the above error message.

i am also trying to maintain that entry as TEXT column in flat file.

pls advise on how to move ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh

I tried to change week format to 262003 but then it is giving me an error messag when i am loading data from flat file to the infocube. the error message displayed is " Error in conversion exit :CONVERSION_EXIT_PERI6_INPUT"

But when i am trying to load data in 200326 format, it is not giving that error message. even my friends have suggessted me to load data in SSYYYY. But then i am getting the above error message.

i am also trying to maintain that entry as TEXT column in flat file.

pls advise on how to move ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Please, open your flat file with the notepad and send me a registry of your file, i want to know what are you trying to load into the infocube because in order to know the possible problem.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan -

Send me the list of characteristics & how you have arranged them in the infocube created. Also then send me the file that you are trying to upload. will try to create the same scenario and see what the problem is.

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Please send me your mail id. Thanks a lot for your contribution and valuable time towards my issue.

regards

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

I have send you the file at your id 'ulises_marin@yahoo.com.mx'

Thanks

regards

pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan-

Here is my id for email sureshgarg76@yahoo.com

Regards

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I already sent you a corrected file. You could try to load it into your cube and tell me if it works.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pawan kabra,

Check the 9aversion field value from the infocube. Also check date range from the CVC generation program.

Rgds,

Sarah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply.how to check the data range from the CVC generation program ? 9AVERSION field value is 000 in the infocube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

When you run CVC's generation you use this Tcode /SAPAPO/MC62 here you have to select your planning object structure and click on Generate characteristic value combinatios.

If you did that, then you must be in Generate characteristic value combinations based on infocube screen. Here you have some fields, one to select the infocube, another for the version, and two more for date from and to.

In the version field you need to specify what is the version of your data, when you create an infocube you have to add to this infocube the 9aversion characteristic in order to know the version of your data, also you need to specify a time characteristic like 0calday, 0calweek, 0calmonth, etc. With this time characteristic you could know the range of date that your data is.

I hope this can help you.

If you have more doubts, just let me know.

Regards.

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

I am able to see my version (9AVERSION) in the infocube as 000 and this is the same version i am using in the field "Version" in the generate CVC. I have specified one time characteristics which is 0CALWEEK. Data format in flat file is year/week. for example it is from 200301 till 200326, then from 200401-200452, 200501-200552 and 200601-200652. But in the infocube it is visible in this format "40320" "403220"etc. I am unable understand why it is so ? In the date from and to in the generate CVC screen, i am entering 01.012003 to 31.12.2006.

But still i am getting the same error message " There is no data in the infocube for these restrictions:

PAWIC"

I am able to create manually each CVC, but i am unable to upload from infocube.

Thanks for your detail answer

regards

pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan,

First confirm the data loaded into the cube correctly or not.

let it check in the APO DP side whehter the particular combination of characteristics are maintained correctly or not.

It should be exactly maintained otherwise the CVCs are not maintained perfectly.