cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple files to idoc without bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have gone through the previous threads and came to know that n:1 is not possible without bpm. But in case of idocs you can collect them in r/3 system itself using RSEOUT00 program. But if my scenario is like.......you have 10 files which are coming through ftp and we have to send the idoc to the target system. Is there any way to do this scenario without bpm ??

Thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

It depends upon the scenario,if you are simply appending the files one after another and once all the 10 files have been appended then you wanna send them to an IDOC ,then yes its possible to do this without BPM,design one scenario File to File,and set the mode to append,this will make sure all the 10 files have been appended to each other.but this will only with FCC coz if u append two XML files then you will end up having more than one root node in XML and that wont be valid.

After this design a File to IDOC scenario and this time pick up the file which waz created as a result of appending the 10 files.

but i wont recommend you to do this ,best approach is BPM coz that makes it more simple ,if somehow you dont wanna use BPM,then you may follow this approach.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Aamir ! Really nice insight into the problem with thought !

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kumar

ur welcome,please close the thread and award points if your issue has been resolved

Thanx

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is wht u wer looking for

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi palnati !

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Multiple IDocs without BPM(occurance change)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

In case you have multiple IDoc types ref:

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Have a look at this blog.. Might be helps to you..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2748. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Pls reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To keep it simple.

1:N , N:1 , N:M mapping are possible with BPM (transformation step).

1:N mapping is possible without BPM.

So if you are looking to FTP 10 files they need to be first collected some where. Is it possible with out bpm?

<b>No</b>

But yes if you have a file with multiple records and you want to send accross to r/3 at one go through IDOC it is possible without BPM.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Without N:1 Mapping its not possible.So obviously u need BPM.

Best regards,

raj.