cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting the expected results - Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frends,

I have an issue in the sap web services. my main issue is I am not getting the correct results when I ran the web service. But when I ran the BAPI in the sap application t-code se37 it's giving the correct results.

What do I have to do to check this...? Is there any way of debugg this and check.

What are the things I have to look for to get the correct results?

Since I am very new to this area I don't know any thing at all. From my earlier question I got know that my RCF and web service are running correctly. Now my issue is for the results only.

Even I don't know what information U all need, to analysis my proble. Pls ask any thing , I can send any information U all need to solve my proble.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thanura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thank for the reply.

I have few questions.

1. U said about RFC/BAPI, Is this different from the normal bapi. Because I am using a customized bapi which copied from a original bapi function.

2. I coundn't find the path Utilities->External Breakpoints -> Set/Delete External Breakpoints..

Which version u are taking. I am in sap version Ecc5.0.

Any way again thanks for the help.

Regards

Thanura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanura,

1. No, It's not different. You can call BAPI or Custom developed function module (RFC) which is remote call enabled.

2. Can you let me know which version of SAP GUI are you using ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanura,

To set the external breakpoints do the followings-

1. Login into SAP GUI using the same userID and password what you are sending from the client application invoking webservice.

2. Use the transaction SE37 to display the code of the RFC/BAPI you are invoking through webservice.

3. Place the cursor on the abap code and click the Stop button or goto

Utilities->External Breakpoints -> Set/Delete External Breakpoints.

Your breakpoint is set now. Goto the client application and invoke the webservice. The control will be transferred to BAPI/RFC and would stop at the breakpoint.

Here you can check what values it is receiving from the client application by clicking on import parameters. You can follow the execution to determine how it is processing and what result it is finally returning.

Do post if you need any more information. And thank you for your helpful answer points

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanura,

please check the user and client credentials that u use to log on in the SAP system and in the web service

these frequently casue differences in data

the same data will be extracted when u use the same credentials using web services or se37

with respect,

amit