cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE Third Party Purchase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I tried to use item category ALES "ALE Third Party Purchase" in sales order and expected to have both purchase requsition and purchase order created when I saved sales order. It turned out only purchase requsition was created. Then I created purchase order from requsition manually, it worked fine. So is it possible to have purchase order created automatically? I checked every setting seems they are all right. Could anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can either create PR or PO automatically. You cant create both of them continously through item category configuration.

To create PO directly from sales order, the item category of the material has to be TAS. Please configure the item category determination accordingly for the item.

For this the item category group of the material has to be BANS.

For triggering the PR automatically, you actually have to configure at Schedule line level adn not at IC level.

Hope this helps you

Rewards pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nava,

I tried TAS, it created PR but not PO, and it does its work also through the schedule line configuration.

Tony.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means your Sch line is configured for automatic PR creation.

At a time, you can enable only one of them, enabling both is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I can only choose PR types in Sch line "Order Type" field. I don't konw why is that.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

If you fill a PR type there, then a PR of that document type will be created when a sales order is saved.

You can check Sch lines AN, CB, CS etc which has NB as the purchase requisition doc type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yea, i know that. The problem is how to choose PO type? As you suggested before, I can create PO when saving SO. But this field only allow me to choose PR. Please help me.