cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many records can JDBC adapter process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario Database to Database. The inteface would be run once a month, but the records would be 300,000. Can XI do it? How much time would it take in general? Also is there a upper limit to how many records can XI read?

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have consistantly tested our JDBC connector with 100000 record entries as a sender and it only takes about 5 min, I believe the process can be much slower with a JDBC receiver though. the best way to do it is Send the rocords in large chunks, then map it so the receiver handles the recordsabout 10000-20000 at a time.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Can XI do it? </i>

Yes. Based on its configuration

<i>How much time would it take in general?</i>

Depends upon the hardware configuration of XI server

<i>Also is there a upper limit to how many records can XI read?</i>

No

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is it ok to use JDBC adapter to insert or read 300000 records?

Xier

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,give it a shot .if you run into trouble then SDN is always there to help you out.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, but approx how much time would it take, taking into consideration that the company has most optimal configuration. 5mins, 15 mins, 1 hr???

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xler,

We are using JDBC adapter to push data into SQL Server from XI. With normal configuration its takes around 15-20 mins...( now it again depends on the Memory and Hardware) for 15,000 records.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

for 300,000 records i m pretty sure its gonna take more than 1 hr:)

there is a blog by sravya in which she was processing a large file ,some 250,000 records and she it took her quiet some time to process it,lemme try to find it out and post it over here

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

here it is

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Thanx

Aamir suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

If JDBC adapter is using stored procedure call to read or write data, then would stored procedure call be executed for each record it operates on or just once for the whole operation.

Xier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

usually its once for the whole message but i guess its also possible to restrict the Stored procedure to accept only one recordset at a time and in that case it will be executed once for every recordset

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir are u sure that stored procedure will be executed just once for 300000 by default? I need to answer my boss

Xier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>Aamir are u sure that stored procedure will be executed just once for 300000 by default?

its not by default,its the way stored procedure has been coded,get in touch with the DB people and ask them if the stored proc. is capable of handling multiple values,if they say yes,then it will be executed only once.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

You can pass all 300,000 records to Stored Procedure at a time..

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

File size depends a lot upon hardware as well,usually a file of 20 MB can be processed but this is not the limit,you can process files larger than this too.

how big your files would be? as you are runnning the interface only once a month i guess time must not be a constraint so you can increase the Timeout parameters etc.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos