cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit for the Handling Unit identification number generation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we all know that when we doing the Packing for a delivery order, a Handling Unit identification number will be generated automaticlly.

What i want to know is where could i find the corresponding User Exit to control that number generation??

<b>More detail like below:</b>

In our SAP system, there are many Shipping point defined.

Some Shipping point is our company owned, some are not.

And for every shipping point has its own number range format of its Handling Unit identification number.

For example:

1)Some like '1..2..3..4...etc'

2)Some like 'Shipping point+1111' kinds of format..

So i think for those '1.2..3..4..', maybe it is generated by the SAP standard program. But for those Handling Unit identification number have 'Shipping point+1111' format, maybe it is generated by the User Exit or sth else...

<b>So for now, what i want to know where could i find the corresponding User Exit which contain the logic to generate the Handling Unit identification number according to the Shipping point...??</b>

Hope you got what i mean...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any comments?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this one helps you

EXIT_SAPLV51S_001 : Fill in HU Header Data

may be this user exit would fix your problem

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oswal,

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll reward you points later.

But when i checked this user exit EXIT_SAPLV51S_001 , found that there is no code in 'include ZXV51SU01'. So seems for currently no User Exit existed for it.

But i am very confusion on why there are so many different number range format for different shipping point. As withing the system, no user exit there...And only 1 number range format defined in the SPRO is the sequ. number like '1,2,3....'

Whether it possible that some HU number could be loaded from 3rd party system?

Then this number would be stored in SO??Then goes to DO...up to the packing...?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXIT_SAPLV51G_001

EXIT_SAPLV51S_001

I think these are the only two user exits which could exist in handling unit

now if there is not exit written then i guess you need to analyse how exactly the business process is working and then analyse the configuration based on it , as there could be so many possibilities to this .

may be if you could explain me in detial as what exactly is happening we can go forward

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oswal,

Thanks for the reply.

The business process here is:

1)The HU number is generated in other system, then loaded into SAP system.

2)The HU number is generated in SAP system. But i found the format of the HU number is not following the SPRO defined. Seems like somewhere is impact the HU number generation...

SO for the situation 2), whether the User Exit is the only way to change the HU number format??

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoo,

Firstly your points mentioned here contradict each other the first point says you get the HU number generated from other system and then its loaded in to SAP, where in second statement you say SAP generates the HU number.

now check these settings SPRO-- LOGISTICS General-Handling Unit Mnagement-External Identification---Set up unique assignment to HU, here see if you have checked it for unique HU

Hope this helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oswal,

Sorry, previously the 1) and 2) is 2 seperate business situations existed in our company.

I dont have authouration to check the SPRO configuration of HU number range setting...Whether it stored in some table...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudenlly found that below User Exit is very important:

XL01 User Exit: Warehouse Mngmnt LENUM

EXIT_SAPLLVSK_001 Customer Conversion Storage Unit Number in CONVERSION_EXIT_LENUM_INPUT

EXIT_SAPLLVSK_002 Customer Conversion Storage Unit Number in CONVERSION_EXIT_LENUM_OUTP

EXIT_SAPLLVSK_003 Customer Conversion Storage Unit Number in L_LENUM_INTERNAL_NUMBER_ASS

EXIT_SAPLLVSK_004 Customer Conversion Storage Unit Number in L_LENUM_EXTERNAL_NUMBER_CHE