cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP .NET AJAX and PDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to use ASP .NET AJAX (from Microsoft) or some other AJAX library (ASP .NET AJAX is preferred) in EP using PDK .NET. Did anyone have success in using it or knows where one can find description how to make it run in EP?

The first problem I experience is absence of web.config where I am able to define HTTP Handlers and other configuration settings ASP .NET AJAX requires.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Web.config work directly with IIS, PDK use SAP Portal as WebServer.

Maybe you need change your Ajax Technology or build your Ajax. Ajax is for partil processing of the page to server-side. When you mix with non-Microsoft technology, Ajax not work. A example is Google that build the GWT for internal use.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos
rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I don't have experience in using ASP .NET AJAX at all, but I believe that web.config file that you are looking for is located in Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET installation folder that is by default C:\Program Files\SAP\Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET\Server00\PortalApps.

You need to take in account that PDK for .NET doesn't fully support all ASP .NET featutes. For example, PDK for .NET doesn't support using of handlers from type axd. So it could be that you will not be able to use ASP .NET AJAX within PDK for .NET.

Regards,

Rima.