cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I am very new to NWDI and WEB AS concepts and need help regading NWDI. We are running NW04S portal on Sun box. I have some questions regarding NWDI landscape. Please help me on this so that we can go forward on setting up NWDI.

- Can we run NWDI on Windows while Portal is running UNIX?

- We have 1 developer who is going to work on ESS & MSS Customization. So do we need a consolidation environment in our landscape?

Based on my understanding we just need to import all the SCA files into the track and start customizing using NWDS. Once everything is done we need to build the SCA files based on customized components and transfer across the landscape.

Is my above assumption correct?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Surekha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

NWDI is a recent tool for everybody. About the interoperability between EP and NWDI it doesn' matter what is the operational system, because the NWDI will communicate with the WAS where is the Portal is installed and the requiriment is the connectivity between this instances. Doesn't matter Service package level, which version and system operational. The consolidation environment is recomended but isn't a requeriment. For instance, you can use the DEV environment as consolidation.

Your assumption is correct, but I prefer say the same with other words

Take a look on the ESS cookbook customization ann then I guess everything will be more clear.

Type a quickly search on the foruns by "ESS cookbook".

I hope it help you!

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

Thanks a lot for the answers. These answers were really helpful to us. Thanks a lot for the time and help.

Regards,

Surekha.