cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF of Work Centers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the situation that our test R/3 system was refreshed, but the corresponding test APO system wasn't. When running now the integration models again, I am phasing problems for the work centers. Here I am getting the message "Resource XXX already exists (mapping error)".

And yes the resource is existing for sure as the work center was already available in the former R/3 test system and it was already included in an integration model. But nevertheless I need to have an active integration model for work centers otherwise I am no longer able to create PPMs.

I am looking forward to get some tipps how to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

We are facing the similar problem now, could you please share your ideas how did you rectify this error..

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi,

We also had a similar issue end of last year, we suceeded to adjust the mismatching master data on APO side but from my point of view, the easiest & fastest way is consisting into executing a system copy including removal of all master & transactional data, then reCIF everything from your ERP system.

Related note: 886103

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first delete the existing orders ( the transaction data) i.e, production orders, planned orders on the particular resource, next delete the PPMS containing the resource and finally the resource..

if want to ensure there are no master data or transaction data existing on the resource use the t-code WUF and give option as resource , it will give the list of transaction data and master data related to the particular resource.

let me know if u still have issues

regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

also many thanks to you for your reply ... that was my assumption, but I was still hoping that there might be a less "painful" workaround.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned that the APO System was not refreshed, the resource will be still available in the APO system.

Now, when you are transferring the workcenter from R/3 after the refresh, there will be conflict in the capacity id as the resource already exists in APO.

hence, the solution is ,you have to delete all the resources in APO. Make sure that all the dependent orders like planned orders and production/process orders are deleted before you delete the resources.

I am sure, this solves the problem.

best of luck

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thanks for your reply - that's exactly what I was afraid of ... there was just a little hope that there might be another solution.

But it seems we have have to invest the time.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Andrea