cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax error in SmartForm - Text node

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a text node that is displaying several fields that are being passed into the form. I have the structure declared in the form interface and that checks out OK. I then drag the fields from the field list to the text node and it looks OK. When I run a syntax check on the text node itself everything checks out OK. The problem comes when I do a syntax check on the entire form. It gives me the following error:

<b>The field "VBCO3" is unknown, but there is a field with the similar name "VBCO3"."VBCO3".</b>

I know I have the field spelled right because I drug it from the field list; it is impossible for it to be spelled wrong. Do you have any ideas?

Regards,

Davis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create a structure in se11 .

Declare a work area in print program .

Fill the values in print program to the work area .

pass it to smartform .

In smartform :

In Form interface->Import

Declare a work area of type structure created in se11 .

Nad use it it smartform .

I hope u r using this procedure .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neetesh, thanks for the reply but I am already following that procedure. You must follow that procedure for the fields to show in the field list. The problem is that it isn't recognizing the field name although it is drug directly from the field list into the text node.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a little more "clarification" on the problem. VBCO3 is spelled with an 'O' (not a zero). When I use an 'O' I get the error:

<b>The field "VBC03" is unknown but there is a similar name "VBCO3"</b>

If you can't tell the first instance of 'VBC03" has a zero in it and the last has an 'O'. This is quite strange because my field name <b>VBCO3-ZZZ1NAME1</b> has an 'O' and not a zero.

Then I thought I would change the table name and make it VBC03 (with a zero) and I get the following error (the first instance has a 'O' while the second has a zero).

<b>The field "VBCO3" is unknown but there is a similar name "VBC03"</b>

Basically it is as though the system is misinterpreting what I have in the text node. It sees 'O's as zeros and zeros as 'O's.

Does anybody have any idea?

Davis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davis,

Ive faced this problem and while im sure there is a logical solution to it

This is what i did.

VBCO3 will not throw an error anywhere else except in the text element.

So i declared a new variable of the same primitive type, though not same exact type. I assigned VBCO3 value to it in a code window and placed this new value in the text element.

And it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nehal, thanks but I already tried that; that is what prompted my second post in this thread. I think my only/best option is to create a db structure and pass the needed info to the form through this structure (avoid VBCO3). The strange thing is that I use VBCO3 in an earlier text node in this same form.

Davis.

Message was edited by:

Davis

Message was edited by:

Davis