cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Generated File Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where SAP sends data to File server. SAP generates a file from the IDoc and stores on the SAP Application server. XI pulls the file from SAP application server and sends it to destination FTP server.

Now the issue is that the name generated by SAP is all numeric. Now how do I distinguish the file in File Receiver Adapter. As there are more than one file generated and they need to be sent to different locations. Can I pick up files based on the port number in receiver file adapter.

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If you have to send the files to diff locations based on the port number in the file, you can do that in the rec determination step where based on the value of port a diff receiver will be determioned and a CC is attached to the corresponding receiver agreement.

In that CC you can specify which filename you wnat to use to save the file in the target system.

hope it help

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xler,

Just trying to understand.... SAP generates a file from the IDoc and stores on the SAP Application server??

First you can push Idoc directly to the XI system..rather than having two steps of creating file and then picking up again with XI...

Now your issue...

If you have data/payload where you can differentiate receiver location, you can have different conditional receiver determination base on the payload data...

Check out this thread....dynamically generating file name...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/forums

Nilesh

Message was edited by:

Nilesh Kshirsagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say, "XI pulls the file from SAP application server..." do you mean you use the sender file adapter in XI ? if so, you can use the "file name" as the "key" to route the message to different receiver Business systems/file adapters(Use condition editor in receiver determination object and select context object -> fileName). Hope this helps

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would you distinguish between the files to determine which file goes to which location?