cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vlidations for reason code and note type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a scenario file to ECC. From file i am getting Reason code and note type fields. I need to validate whether the correct reasons code and note type exists or not..

seven possible reason codes may exists in file and 10 15 valid note types exists..

how i achieve that..

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

Are u posting IDOC in the ECC system?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Using proxy data will posted in to SAP ..

venkat

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

You can use multimapping and split the messages in the target structure. But the condition of the root node of each splitted message has to be validated against your <b>note</b> and <b>reason code</b>

Please refer the URL for more clarfication.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1131422258&size=o

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you only want to send the message if it passes the validation or do you want to populate a field in the body to say whether validation was successful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ..i want to send the message if it passes the validation otherwise i want to skip that record...and passess the remaining records..

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest using the conditional receiver determination.

You receiver will be ECC, in your conditions you will add all your validation rules.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/content.htm

Message was edited by:

Yaghya Nana

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to skip the entire message, then check for your conditions in the "reciever determination". However, if you want to skip specific records within a message, then conditional reciever determination may not help. You will have to handle it in your mapping. There is a catch here, assuming your message contains multiple records, there could be a case when none of your records inside the message may match your condition, in this case, you will want to skip all your records inside the mapping, thereby resulting in no target message. A good way to overcome this is to use "dynamic receiver determination".

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravan

There is any other way of doing besides the conditional receiver determination..

Like using the lookups or based on some condition in mapping ..

venkat