cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking out document-CV02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once a document has been checked in to the content server (using CV01N/CV02N) how do you check out the document.? Is deleting it the only option?

If it can be checked out using some other functionality, please advise how this can be done.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

The Check-In & Check-out Options are availabe in DMS you can use both, you can Check-In i.e. push the document into Content Server or R/3 DMS Catche Server using Check-In option and similarly you can even Check-Out without deleting it.

Make your question clear?

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate the process of checking out a document using transaction CV02N. I see the check in icon for checking in documents, but I do not see anything for checking out a document from the content server. Am I missing something from customizing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The check out button is the change button found in the applications area. It looks like a pencil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I click on the pencil , the application is fired up and the file is opened for changes. In this instance I had checked in a MS word file into the content server assoicated with the DIR. When I clicked the Change(pencil) , MS word opened the file . Does checking out the file only release it from the secure area that it is checked into? Please advise as I am a little confused as to the functionality here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click the pencil, SAP will copy the file to a temporary directory on your machine for editing and open the file with the relevant application. When word opens the document and you makes changes, you will notice these changes are kept if you close the document again. If you have the system set to auto checkin, it will automatically check the document back in again when you are finished working with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Thanks for your response. Using CV02N,I checked out the doc, made changes and saved it. The changes were in the file attached to the DIR.

The second time I clicked on the doc in the checked in status, made changes and saved the file, The changes were in there. So in both instances checked in or checked out I was able to make changes to the file in the DIR and save them. What does this mean? If checking out the doc is to make changes then I can make changes while in the checked in status as well. What is the purpose of checking out a document? Your answer is greatly appreicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the padlock physically closed or open? If a document is already checked out to you and you open it again you can make changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The palock in off when I check it out. So essentially when I check it out , padlcok being off, I can make changes,save the file and then save the DIR and SAP gets updated with the changes

If the padlock in on. I can still open the file , make changes and save the DIR but the file changes are not stored in SAP- Correct?.

And the only way to remove the file from the DIR is to delete it?

Answers (0)