Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need something similar to Number ranges in my Web Dynpro, there is something like that in JAVA?

Regards,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you need exactly?

Regards

Abhilash

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need a way to generate sequencial numbers for different users without loose the sequence and without redundance, the same way Number ranges works in ABAP Stack.

Regards,

Mauricio

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java does not have sunch kind of feature because Java does not run with a default DB space. Its only a programming logic, where in ABAP for sequence it uses some tables to maintain the current sequence number.

But you can acheive this way:

<b>Using Java Dictionary:</b>

- Create a Dictionary Project and create a sequence table with single column.

- You can create another table to maintain basic information like MIN_VAL, MAX_VAL, INCREMENT_BY etc.

- Write java logic to read this table to get next sequence and to update the current value. You can have some utility methods to read and update the sequence.

Other way could be using some RFC which returns the next sequence value available.

Regards

Abhilash

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhilash,

Thanks for the answer but I already know about other solutions, what I really would like to know is if SAP created in Java Stack a mechanism similar to Number ranges in ABAP, if not I hope They do that for next releases, because it saves lots of time.

Regards.

Mauricio

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, its saves lot of time. But I am not sure up what extent a generalized solution can be provided.

Regards

Abhilash

Answers (0)