cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date and number representation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is something I don't understand in my application, or maybe in Web Dynpro concept...

We have the following configuration:

- users authenticates on my application by using their SAP username / password

- authentification is done in UME by retrieving data from R3 (so, no users are defined in UME)

What I don't understand is why date and number formats are not the ones configured in R3.

For example, when running transaction su01, I can see my user is having the following formats:

- jj.mm.aaaa

However, when running my application, I have the following formats:

- mm/jj/aaaa

Do anyone know why ? What can I do to have my web dynpro retrieving the correct format ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Quote from UME documentation (http://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/60_sp2_javadocs/ume/com/sap/security/api/IUser.html#getLocale())

<i>Gets the user's Locale; this determines e.g. the language in which text is displayed to the user's and the style that numbers are formated.</i>

So, we can guess that data specified for formats in su01 doesn`t replicated to WAS`s UME and locale is used to determine formats instead.

Regards, Maxim R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maksim for details... Seems you're right, customization is not replicated.

Isn't it possible to get this information ??? Seems strange that Web Dynpro is not able to display data the same way as SAP Gui do !!

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to define and use custom type for your proposes but this approach doesn`t support synchronization with UME on R/3 side. Another approach - use functional module BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL->export parameters->DEFAULTS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, doing so, I would have to apply the format to all fields I have in my application, isn't it ? Not really elegant

Isn't there any better to do so ?