cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot Size Calculation VS. Source Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have the following situation: a product (process industry) with the lot sizes in the master data:

- Procedure: by period (1 week)

- Minimum lot size: 2 kg

- Maximum lot size: 11 kg

And I have two PPMs with the following lot size ranges (because of the production lines):

(1): 2 - 5 kg

(2): 9 - 11 kg

Now the problem: If I have a demand (e.g. sales order) of 8 kg, the heuristic (e.g. SAP_PP_002) creates a planned order of 8 kg, without any source (or it does not create a planned order with a warning, depending on the settings for the planning version).

My target would be to receive two planned orders: One with 5 kg and one with 3 kg, and both with the PPM (1). Is there any possibility to receive such an (automatic) planning result?

Thanks

Guido

Edited by: Wilian Segatto on Jan 28, 2010 11:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the system behaviour is right.

The planned order gets created without source of supply depending on the settings of planning version.

since the requirement qty is 8, there is not PPM which defined to create this particular lot.You have specified that you have maintained 2 ppm's for lot size 2-5 kg and 9-11 kg.

as there is no ppm for 8 kgs, the minumim lot size and max lot size parameters are also not considered in this case.

hope this helps

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Maybe I was not precise enough in explaining - sorry: The system behavior is correct, yes. I would now like to know, if there is a possibility (through any settings/customizing – not through programming a new heuristic) that APO would reduce the quantity in the planned order until it finds a possible PPM. That means in this case for example, to reduce the 8 kg down to 5 kg and then to create a second order with 3 kg.

I generally expect this “functionality” does not exist, because if for example a demand is 6 kg, then the situation would be much more complicated (and not be solvable without any additional rules): 6 kg reduced to 5 kg would result in a second order with 1 kg, which is not possible because no PPM for this quantity is available.

Thanks

Guido

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What engine are you using? SNP (heuristics, optimizer, ctm) or PP/DS?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using SCM 5.0, only PP/DS with heuristics, no optimizer.

Guido