cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Consignment process in Auto Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know if v can use consignment process in Auto Industry and if yes, then how?

Vendor supplies material to his OEM customer, but stocks the material at the transporters go down, when the Customer requires material they pick the same from the GoDown which is not owned by the vendor. In this can the billing be done from the date the material is lifted by the customer using Consignment Fill up and Consignment issue?

And also in this case how will can we fit in Scheduling agreement for component suppliers?

Please reply immediately, very urgent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

yes, you can use the consigment process in the Auto Industry. Please use the scheduling agreement for external agent services to represent this process (VBTYP = 'F'). The document flow here is as follows:

Scheduling agreement LK =>

Delivery into Cosigment storage location =>

ED-Order (pick up from the consigment storage location) =>

Delivery to the customer.

Please test the complete process with LK scheduling agreements.

In the case you do not use the consigment staroage location, but the customer picks up the goods by himself, it is more reasonable to use the scheduling agreements with delivery orders (MAIS process). Here the flow is as follows:

Scheduling agreement LZM =>

Delivery order (pick-up sheet) TAM =>

Delivery to the customer.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I would like to know that will billing be done immediately after delivery or after the customer picks up the goods?

Since the terms of payment in system will be calculated from the date of billing in SAP, but customer counts the payment days from the day they inward the goods.

Request to please explain me if this works thru schedule aggrement and consignment and help me with config docs if any.

Thanks and regards

Anil