cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fax with SAP R/3 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

i have to configure our SAP R/3 release 4.7 system, so that it is able to send a Fax. I have read about SAPconnect and the SMTP PlugIn from WebAS. I found many information about the configuration at the SAP system, but nothing about server software that is able to send a incomming SMTP mail via modem to the fax-machine of the recipient.

Can anybody propose me a software that i can use? Or can you tell me the easiest konfiguration or Systeminfrastructur to send a fax with a SAP R/3 SmartForm?

Thanks,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"For FAX 

"Use FM 'INIT_TEXT' for SAP-Script Initialization.
"or 
"OPEN_FORM , WRITE_FORM, CLOSE_FORM.

"Use FM 'PRINT_TEXT' for FAX. 

"Pass parameters as follows :-
Exporting
DEVICE = 'TELEFAX'  " For printing call the same FM again & Pass printer name
DIALOG = 'X'  " To get the option of Print Preview along with the fax number on dialog box
HEADER = POPT
Importing 
RESULT = PRES " of type ITCPP
Tables
LINE = ITAB_DATA.

"POPT is structure of type ITCPO.
"Populate following values in POPT :
POPT-TDNEWID = 'X'
POPT-TDIMMED = 'X'
POPT-TDLIFETIME = 8 "To keep 8 days in spool
POPT-TDTELENUM = <Fax Number> " Without country code
POPT-TELELAND = <Country> " Country code

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

In my opinion think the most widely used fax server software will be Rightfax, i have worked with it and is fairly strait forward. Configuration wise you can download the installation guide for Rightfax from the Marketplace.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

where can i download the software Rightfax?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You can see Rightfax webpabe http://www.rightfax.com

or see the SAP section http://www.captaris.com/sap/products/rightfax/index.html

regards

Juan

Don't forget the points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Juan,

but your answer is not very helpful. Is it possible to send a Fax from SAP R/3 without any additional software-licence costs?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You ask above if some can propose a software... thats what i did.

<b>Is it possible to send a Fax from SAP R/3 without any additional software-licence costs?</b>

As far as im aware you need a thrid party software to send faxes from SAP

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

We just went live with the "RightFax Server" in Production. The problem we are encountering with the RightFax is the return notification (outlook email) does not have the Purchase Order anywhere in the email. We currently have it set up, so that both successful & failed transmission sends an email.

I was wondering how you handled this - if at all. Do you receive email notification back from RightFax?

I understand that there's a way to modify the SAPSCRIPT to include some "FAX Commands" so that this PO number could be included in the email. Have you done this? If yes, where does the fax command have to be included - in the actual program or the form routine? Can you send me an example of any fax command that you have implemented in the SAPSCRIPT?

Former Member